The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently released new guidance for nursing home visits based upon recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This new guidance significantly improves the ability for our residents to receive visitors indoors. While the new guidance lifts several previously mandated restrictions, there are still some that remain in place that we must follow. Such as:
- Screening of all visitors for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and recent exposure to the disease.
- Wearing a mask which covers the nose and mouth while in the facility.
- Social distancing of at least six feet between persons. NOTE: Vaccinated residents may choose to have close contact with visitors while remaining masked.
- Designated visitation spaces to include living rooms, day rooms or private resident room.
- Unvaccinated residents cannot have indoor visits when the county positivity rate is above 10% and less than 70% of facility residents are vaccinated.
- Outbreak testing is being conducted due to a newly identified COVID-19 positive resident and/or staff member.
- Resident has a confirmed COVID-19 infection and is being isolated or quarantined.
We're helping improve lives daily through compassionate residential nursing care and rehabilitation.
Haymount provides long-term residential nursing care and short and long-term residential rehabilitation services. We also offer respite care for those who normally live at home; this gives caregivers a period of rest.
Built in 2006, Haymount's 120 beds and Rehabilitation Suite are located minutes from the hospital and the medical office park. We offer a warm, inviting, home-like and comfortable environment, with a commitment to meeting the wants, needs and wishes of all who walk through our doors.
Discover our experienced and caring staff, our activities, and our high standard for customer service in a place where we want you to feel welcome from your very first visit.
We invite you to stop by for a tour or call for more information today.